New Roadmap Friday
Well, this has been a fun week. Not. The long and short is custom software development for my clients has been colliding daily with a stream of MLP bugs, a few large, most small. All I need are 40 hour days and everything will be rosy.
So, where are we? When the going gets tough, the tough make a new Roadmap:
1. MasterList Professional will be updated by the end of Monday, Feb. 28th. That will be version 1.04. Not every single issue will be addressed, but all of the big nasty bugs will have garlic tied to their necks and dropped down a hole in the ice.
2. I'm in the process of switching from tracking defects/suggestions via email to my PC with FogBugz 3.0 to being fully transparent on the web with FogBugz 4.0. This means to you when you report a bug or ask a question, you will be able to see exactly when it's fixed, what it's status is, and what and where the fix is. More soon.
3. I'm switching out of Installshield Developer and into another installer program which will automatically check for you for updates, and handle the process for you without being a pain. However, to get there, you will need to download a new installer and do the uninstall/reinstall dance. I hate large, unnecessary, downloads and have tried to minimize it, but Installshield Developer leaves me no choice.
4. safariforums.com will die, replaced with another forum system via FogBugz 4.0. Why? Invision does a nice job doing what they do, but it "costs" too many clicks and too much time to stay on top of the current forum. Look for news in the 1.04 announcement, and look at this page to see how the new forum will work: http://discuss.joelonsoftware.com/?biz
5. Our double opt-in mailing list is your friend. I'm very aware that some of you have been getting emails from me in spurts and starts, as I try to make sure everyone gets the info they need re MLP, even if that means too many emails. Too many emails is way too close to spam, so I've signed up with mailermailer.com to manage the process of making sure you are on one mailing list from us, not 3. If you have not subscribed to our mailing list via our site in the past few weeks, I STRONGLY suggest now is an excellent time to do so: http://safarisoftware.com/mlp.htm has the form you need.
That's it for today - look for an email by the end of Feb 28 re version 1.04.